PlaceAbout is owned and operated by Saas Os OÜ:
- Saas Os
- Harju 6
- 10130 Tallinn,
who is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
How And What Personal Data We Collect
Your personal data is in general not required to visit PlaceAbout. We may collect the following personal data in the following ways:
- You may choose to provide your personal data (e.g. name, username, contact data (e-mail address, telephone number, website), company name, position, biographical information, etc) upon registration, commenting on posts, signing up for e-mail notifications, contacting us, etc. Providing some of this information may be obligatory, some optional.
- We collect certain data by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, when you visit PlaceAbout (e.g. IP address, referrers (references to the web address you linked from), browser type, operating system/platform, information on actions taken on a website, and dates and times of website visits).
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to perform under the Agreement, e.g. to contact you; to send you e-mail notifications; to collect feedback; etc;
- to exercise any rights and obligations ensuing from the law, e.g. transferring personal data to another entity who needs to perform under this Policy upon the transferal of our assets (rights, obligations, contracts, company) to that entity or our merger with another entity; accounting; resolving disputes and protecting our rights (for example, disclosing personal data to our lawyers) and exercising other rights and obligations resulting from the law (for example, disclosing personal data to investigative bodies, the Competition Authority, etc);
- to personalize PlaceAbout and products and services made available there, monitor and analyze the effectiveness of PlaceAbout and products and services made available there, monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed and improve PlaceAbout and products and services made available there.
We use your personal data for any other purposes only with your prior consent.
Cookies are small text files that are installed on your computer from websites that you visit. The following types of cookies are used:
- Strictly necessary/essential cookies without which it is not possible to use the features of the website and provide the services.
- Performance cookies that collect information about how you use a website and are used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies that allow the website to remember choices you make (e.g. user name, language) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Behaviorally targeted advertising cookies that are used to deliver adverts most relevant to you and your interests. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations (e.g. advertisers).
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through the settings of the web browser. By agreeing to this Policy, you give us consent to use such a cookies. We do not ask for your consent to use strictly necessary/essential cookies when it is not possible to provide you with the Services without the use of such cookies.
How We Disclose Your Personal Data
We only disclose your personal data to third parties without your prior consent if provided in this Policy or the law. We may disclose your personal data to the following third parties:
- service providers we use in order to provide you the Services and perform under the Contract (e.g. hosting service). We remain responsible for your personal data and take all necessary measures to protect your personal data as provided in this Policy;
- an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets;
- supervisory authorities;
- our lawyers, auditors, accountants.
Transfer Of Personal Data To Third Countries
We do not generally transfer to or store your personal data in any third country outside the EEA and countries deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission. However, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how you make use of the content of PlaceAbout and products and services made available there and work out how we can make things better. These cookies follow your progress through PlaceAbout, collecting anonymous data on where you have come from, which pages you visit, and how long you spend on the site. This data is then stored by Google in order to create reports. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. By accepting this Policy, you hereby consent to such transfer of your personal data. To understand Google Analytics better, please visit https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage#gajs.
How Long We Store Your Personal Data
We only store your personal data as long as necessary for the purposes of the personal data collected and as long as required by law (e.g. for tax purposes). In general, we store your personal data as follows:
- personal data needed to perform under the Agreement – as long as the Agreement is valid, asking you occasionally to update your personal data;
- cookies data
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We implement appropriate organizational, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and against all unlawful forms of processing. Your information is maintained on a secure web server in what we believe to be a well-protected environment.
To the extent required by law, you have the right to:
- receive information about personal data we process;
- rectify, erase or block personal data that is incomplete, inaccurate or unlawful;
- object to the processing of personal data;
- turn to the Data Protection Inspectorate or other relevant authority to safeguard your rights.
The actions can either be done automatically by you by changing the respective settings or by contacting us. We will reply to any such requests within 5 working days.
Changes To This Policy
Should we decide to make changes to this Policy that have an impact on your rights or obligations, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you at least 30 days in advance by posting the changes on PlaceAbout and notifying you via e-mail. If you do not object to the changes via e-mail before they become effective or if you continue to use PlaceAbout after the changes have become effective, it indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the changes. If you object to changes without which it is not possible to use PlaceAbout, you will be deemed to terminate the Agreement.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests related to this Policy or the processing of your personal data, you can contact us on the following contact details:
- Saas Os
- Harju 6
- 10130 Tallinn,